Starter Package: Kitchen Utensils
to Get US$100 off all Starter Packages (Valid Until: December 21)
The Starter Package has already paid for itself many times overNoel Coburn, Clarity BES
Look no further, no one else offers this kind of serviceD Jacobson Consulting
The case studies and templates are a lifesaverRiki Solomon, Clever Importing
How It Works: From Your Idea to High Quality Product In 6 Steps
Step 1: Create Product Specification
- We help you create a product specification (e.g. logo files, bill of materials) for your products
- Access the Product Safety & Labeling Databank covering the US, EU, and Australia
- Upload and store your design files, logo files and product spec sheet in your file folder
Step 2: Factory Introduction
- We identify 4 to 8 suitable manufacturers in China or Vietnam for your products
- The supplier filtering process is based on product scope, test reports, ISO 9001 and BSCI
- Send your product files and request a quotation directly from within the platform
Step 3: Product Sample Order
- We help you order product samples from 1 to 4 suppliers
- We assist in case a supplier fails to produce an acceptable product sample
- Book product sample air courier delivery from the platform
Step 4: Placing Your Order
- We help you prepare the Order Term Sheet
- Submit your invoice before the deposit payment for an anti-fraud check
- Request order follow-ups directly from the dashboard
Step 5: Book Quality Check & Lab Testing Online
- Access quality inspection checklist templates
- Book quality inspections online and receive a QC Report (PDF) within 7 days
- Book product lab testing online and receive the Lab Test Report (PDF) within 10 days
Step 6: Book Shipping Online
- Get sea and air live freight rates within the platform
- Book discounted sea or air freight from Asia, to North America, Europe or Australia
- Access the Import Tax Databank covering the US, EU and Australia
Placing Your Order
Starter Package 2019 Features Overview
Work 1-on-1 with your personal Dedicated Expert, from creating a spec sheet to prototype order, quality check and delivery.
- Available Monday to Friday (Hong Kong time)
- Request help with the importing process or ask questions
- Submit documents (e.g. design files, invoices) for review
- We help in case of supplier dispute and with order follow-ups
Manage the entire product development and importing from A to Z using from the Dashboard.
- Access tutorials and document templates
- Request assistance from your dedicated expert
- Book quality checks, lab tests, and shipping
- Upload product images, quotations & other files
- Share files with suppliers and team members
We introduce you to suppliers in China or Vietnam, based on strict selection criteria:
- Product Test Reports (e.g. CE, CPSIA)
- Quality Certification (ISO 9001)
- Social Compliance (BSCI, Sedex)
We can also benchmark suppliers you’ve already found on Alibaba.com or at a trade show.
Tutorials, Videos & Document Templates
Access more than 60 detailed tutorials and videos guiding you step-by-step through the entire process:
- Part 1: Product Specification
- Part 2: Supplier Sourcing
- Part 3: Product Sample Order
- Part 4: Production & Quality Control
- Part 5: Shipping & Customs (US, EU & AU)
Product Compliance Module
Learn how to ensure compliance with mandatory safety standards and labeling requirements in the US, EU, and Australia.
- Product safety standards overview
- Labeling and document sample files
- Compliance checklists cover 10 product categories
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I upgrade the Starter Package (e.g. Core to Startup)
You can purchase another Starter Package, and thus use the features of that specific version. However, you cannot upgrade by only paying the price difference between two versions. We suggest that you select the version (Core, Startup or Business) depending on the features you need.
Can you help even if we’ve already found suppliers and started the process on our own?
Yes, you don’t necessarily need to start from zero. Almost half of our customers have already identified suppliers on their own, and sometimes even ordered sample, by the time they sign up with us. But, even in these situations, we do provide assistance with product specifications and assess whether the suppliers they’ve found are qualified.
Why should we pay you to help us launch a product?
We offer an established and tested online platform, supported by our team of experts, helping you through the entire process. You can, of course, manage everything on your own, but you will likely save plenty of time and money by working with us.
Which product category should I get?
You should select the product category matching the type of product you intend to import. For example, if you intend to import power banks, you should select the Electronics Package. If you intend to import t-shirts, you should select the Apparel & Textiles Package.
That said, you’ll get lifetime access to all 10 product categories. Start with the one that is your focus at this time, and add additional product categories free of charge at any time.
Do I get lifetime access to all 10 product categories?
Yes, you will get lifetime access to all 10 product categories:
- All Categories (General Version)
- Apparel & Textiles
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Sports & Fitness
- Beauty Accessories
- Kitchen Utensils
- Home & Furniture
- Children’s Products
What is the All Categories version for?
The All Categories version can be broadly applied to any product category. It is the right choice for you if none of the other product categories are suitable.
What does it mean that I’ll get lifetime access?
It means that you’ll get permanent access to the platform, including all future updates, even after the process is completed.
Do you help us find suppliers?
Yes, in Part 2: Supplier Sourcing, we help you identify suitable suppliers for your products in China, Vietnam, and India, based on our Supplier Check Tool. You can also identify suppliers on your own, using the same tool.
Do you have an Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) requirement?
No, we don’t set any MOQ. However, each supplier sets its own MOQ requirement, which is beyond our control.
Do you offer any warranties or money back guarantees?
No, we don’t offer any insurance or warranty due to losses caused by delays or defective products. However, we do guarantee that we will not cancel your account, or terminate the process if you do encounter delays or other setbacks.
Do you get kickbacks or other payments from manufacturers?
No, we don’t get any kickback from manufacturers. We only charge upfront for our Starter Package.
Do you charge order commission?
No, we don’t charge any order commission.
How do you protect design files and product data shared on your platform?
Our platform is protected by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. However, we don’t offer any insurance or compensation due to delays or losses caused by IP theft. In addition, we don’t offer any insurance or compensation due to IP theft by suppliers or other service providers involved in the supply chain. We strongly recommend that you register a trademark, and file patents when applicable.
Should I be aware of any extra costs?
Yes, the following may apply:
- Quality control (if required)
- Lab testing (if required)
- Shipping costs (depending on the weight and volume)
- Import duties and other taxes
Note that none of the costs listed above are included in our prices.
Will I be able to launch a product after applying the process?
The concept of the Starter Package is to guide you step by step, through the sourcing and product development process, to the point where you have a product, that can be legally sold in your market. While there are no guarantees for this outcome, this is the intended result.
Here you can read the opinion of our past clients.
Do you guarantee that I will succeed if we follow the process?
No, each product and situation is different. We provide a framework that simplifies a relatively complex procedure, but we don’t offer any insurance or guarantee for success. This also applies to product regulations, customs processes and tax rules that can change at any given time. We cannot guarantee that the information is kept up to date in real time. As such, we advise our customers to consult local authorities, and lawyers, in addition to applying the process covered in the Starter Package.
Do I need any previous experience or skills before using the Starter Package?
No. As a beginner, you can rely on the tutorials and task lists to get through the process. That said, we insist that you request assistance on a very frequent basis, using the Dedicated Expert system, if you are an absolute beginner. We’d hate to see you fail to launch a successful product.
How long does it normally take to launch a product?
While it depends on the product, it normally takes somewhere between 4 to 8 months. We are not here to offer shortcuts but to help you manage the process correctly from the beginning.
What software or equipment do I need to use the Starter Package platform?
All you need is access to a computer, phone or tablet. Everything is managed online, from your account on Chinaimportal.com.
How long will I have access to the Starter Package?
You will have lifetime access to the Starter Package.
Do you have testimonials from other customers?
Click here for testimonials.
What kind of customers are you working with?
Most of our customers are small to medium-sized businesses, based in Europe, USA, and the Asia Pacific region.
What kind of assistance can I get from the Dedicated Expert?
We can assist with the following:
- Answer your questions
- Guiding you through the importing process
- Reviewing product spec sheets, contracts, and other documents
- Resolving supplier disputes
What kind of questions can we ask using the Dedicated Expert system?
We can answer your questions related to import products from Asia, including those about:
- Private labeling and branding
- Product development
- Supplier sourcing
- Product regulations, document and labeling requirements
- Payments and fraud prevention
- Quality control and lab testing
- Shipping, customs, and taxes
Can you manage all communications with the suppliers for me?
No, we don’t manage the entire process. Our customers act as ‘project managers’ and ask questions or request other assistance as needed. However, we don’t manage every aspect of the project.
How long does it take to get a reply?
We normally reply within 24 hours, excluding holidays and weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Supplier related tasks can take longer, as they involve multiple steps.
Is there any limit on how many questions or how much assistance we can request?
There is no limit on the number of questions you can ask. However, we operate on the basis of one ‘product launch project’ per Starter Package. Once we have completed a step in the process (i.e., Part 3: Prepare Sample Order), it means that it cannot be repeated again for another product category.
Dedicated Expert Limitations
The Starter Package is offered on a ‘per project basis’ that is continuously executed according to our standard procedure. As such, we help you go step-by-step from product specification, to product delivery, for a certain product or group of products. As we offer a flat-rate service, we must set certain limitations on the scope of our service.
1. You may include more than one product in a project, such as different designs or colors, as long as these products are within the same product category.
2. Once we have successfully completed a step in the process, for example product sample development, you may not go back to a previous step in the process. For example, you cannot change product category halfway through the process.
3. We offer assistance with specific supplier related tasks. However, we don’t manage day to day communication, or act as project managers.
4. We only follow our standardized procedure, as explained on this page.
5. Once the project is completed, you can either purchase another Starter Package (for additional product categories) or use the platform to manage re-orders by yourself.
6. We don’t offer either full or partial refund in case you decide to not proceed with the project, or abort the project at any stage of the process.
Example A: Product Categories
|Stainless Steel Watch|
|Stainless Steel Watch|
Example B: General Tasks
|1. Reply questions related to the products|
2. Review documents related to the products
|1. Reply questions related to other products (not covered by the ‘project’)|
Example C: Supplier Related Tasks
|1. Request status updates|
2. Help resolve misunderstandings
3. Ask questions directly to your main supplier
4. Confirm certain order terms
|1. Manage day to day supplier communication|
2. Contact several suppliers to request prices
3. Manage payments to the supplier
4. Handle shipments and samples
Example D: Process Changes
|1. Change product (if done before we contact suppliers)|
2. Find new suppliers (if the first list of suppliers was not matching your expectation)
3. Place new sample orders (if the sample failed to match your specification)
4. Book a new quality control and/or lab tests (if the first one failed)
5. Book additional shipments (if you split your first batch of products in two or more shipments)
|1. Change product|
2. Find suppliers for another product category
3. Place new sample orders (if the samples match your specifications)
4. Book a new quality inspection or lab tests (for another product category or supplier)
5. Book additional shipments (after the first shipment)
Dedicated Expert Service Expiry
We reserve the right to terminate the service if the process has not been completed after 3 years, counting from the date after you purchased the Starter Package.
Note: We do not automatically terminate your access to the Dedicated Expert after 3 years. We only reserve this right, in case we would cease operations, or adjust our business model.
Note that we may provide assistance beyond the scope of limitations, based on a case to case basis. But, we need to set clear limits on our service as we offer a flat-rate service.
Lifetime Access Disclaimer
We reserve our right to terminate all accounts (permanently or temporarily) in case of bankruptcy, war, natural disaster, international sanctions, loss of data due to server failure or hacking, or other major event.
What is included in the Import Manual?
The Import Manual is a set of tutorials, videos and task lists covering the entire importing process:
- 1. Prepare Product Specification
- 2. Supplier Sourcing
- 3. Product Sample Order
- 4. Placing Your Order
- 5. Shipping, Customs & Taxes (US, EU & Australia)
Can I track my progress as I go through this process?
Yes, you can mark tutorials as completed.
Where can I find a complete list of tutorials and videos?
Click here to download a PDF overview.
Product Compliance Module
What is included in the Product Compliance Module?
The module covers tutorials, videos, checklists, document templates, and label templates – helping you ensure compliance with applicable product regulations in the US, EU, and Australia.
Do you guarantee that the information in this module is entirely accurate and up to date?
No, we cannot ensure that the information we provide the Product Compliance Module is 100% accurate and always kept up to date. Regulations are subject to change and interpretation by the relevant authorities. That said, we do provide comprehensive guidelines and checklists that help Importers understand what it actually means to ensure compliance with safety standards, labeling and document requirements when importing from Asia. Still, we recommend that you consult local authorities before you import products.
Where can I find a complete list of tutorials and other content?
Click here to download a PDF overview.
Supplier Check Tools
Why do I need the Supplier Check System?
The Supplier Check System can help you to categorize suppliers into the following categories:
- Not Qualified
The system is tweaked according to the industry. Hence, a supplier that may be classified as Excellent in one industry (or product category) may be only Average in another.
The Supplier Check System shall be used together with the sourcing process explained in the 4 Part Import Manual.
How do I use the system?
The system is based on data entered by the user, which includes, for example, the registered capital and the year of registration. This information can be found for free on various company websites.
In addition, the user is requested to answer a few questions about the supplier, and the information they present.
Based on the answers and information provided by the user, the system then makes a points assessment.
A Supplier Assessment Report is then automatically generated and delivered by email to the customer (the report will be delivered to the email address provided during the purchase of the Starter Package).
What kind of Document Templates are included?
- 1A: Product Specification Document
- 2A: Supplier RFQ
- 2B: RFQ Overview
- 2C: Supplier Letter
- 3A: Sample Order Sheet
- 3B: Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
- 3C: Sample Revision Overview
- 4A: Order Terms
- 4B: Quality Control Checklist
- 4C: Purchase Order
- Product Compliance: Label File Templates
- Product Compliance: Document Samples
What kind of services can I book?
The booking system gives you permanent access to our network of service providers, offering the following:
- Sea and air freight
- Lab testing
- Quality inspections
- Factory audits
- Social compliance audits
You can get a free quotation and order these services within our platform.
Which companies provide these services?
We are currently offering services provided by the following companies:
- Sofeast Ltd
Can I pay with my Visa or MasterCard?
Yes, we offer credit card payments through PayPal or Stripe. Customers based in certain countries may be required to create a PayPal account in order to make a Credit Card transaction. This is free and only takes a moment. You just need to add your email address and agree with Paypal Terms of Service. With Stripe, you don’t need to create an account.
Can I pay with PayPal?
Yes, you can pay with your balance, bank account or credit card through PayPal.
Do you offer a safe payment method?
Yes, all payments are processed by PayPal or Stripe, which use an SSL certificate to encrypt your data.
Will I receive an invoice for my company?
Yes, it’s delivered together with the payment confirmation email.
Where can I find your Terms of Service?
Follow this link to read our Terms of Service.