Suggestion: Watch the 10 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
CPSIA compliance is mandatory when importing and selling all toys and children’s products in the United States. In this guide, you will learn what both US and foreign importers must know about ensuring CPSIA compliance when buying products from China and other countries in Asia.
- What is CPSIA?
- CPSIA Regulated Products
- ASTM Standards
- CPSIA Tracking labels
- CPSIA Lab Testing
- Children’s Product Certificate (CPC)
- Consumer Registration Cards
- Amazon and CPSIA compliance
What is CPSIA?
The CPSIA regulates various aspects of a product. However, all children’s products are subject to the following:
1. All children’s products must be compliant with all relevant safety regulations
2. All children’s products must be tested by a CPSC approved laboratory (there are certain exceptions)
3. All children’s products must have a tracking label attached to the product and/or the product packaging
But that’s not all. The importer shall also issue a Children’s Product Certificate, which is a document stating that the imported product is compliant with the relevant regulations. Click here for sample templates.
Before you can issue a Children’s Product Certificate, you need to have your product tested. The CPSIA regulates various aspects of children’s products, including substances, labeling, flammability, durability, and physical proportions. Continue reading CPSIA When Importing Children’s Products from China to the USA