Exploring your options to shift production from China to Vietnam? You might find that your existing freight forwarder network doesn’t even operate in the latter. To make things a bit easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of shipping companies based in Vietnam. In addition, we also cover the following:
- What should I look for when selecting a freight forwarder?
- How do I get the cheapest freight rate from Vietnam?
- I need to ship materials and components from China to Vietnam. How do I arrange that?
What should I look for when selecting a freight forwarder?
You don’t necessarily need to work with a forwarder that is headquartered in Vietnam, to import goods from the country. That said, far from all freight forwarders operate in Vietnam, which is, therefore, the primary selection criteria.
Keep in mind that most forwarders covering Vietnam don’t have their own offices or warehouses there, but work closely with local agencies. There’s nothing odd with this setup. It’s simply the way the logistics industry works. Once you’ve worked out whether your forwarder can manage shipments from Vietnam, I suggest you ask them the following questions:
- Which ports in Vietnam are covered in your network?
- Do they have their own offices in Vietnam, or do they work with third parties?
- Do they offer land transport between Vietnam and China?
- Do they offer domestic land transportation?
- Do you handle both sea and air freight?
- Do you offer LCL shipping?