Exploring your options to manufacture products in India? In this article, Daniel Ben-Ezra from the India office of Pro QC International, explains what importers must know before shifting orders from China to factories in India.
Here are some of the topics Daniel covers in this comprehensive guide:
- Which products can (realistically) be manufactured in India today?
- Which products should I not be sourcing in India today?
- Alternatives to Alibaba.com when sourcing Indian suppliers
- How do MOQs in India compare to China?
- How do prices in India compare to China?
Which products can be manufactured in India today?
A wide and ever-increasing variety of items are being produced in India today:
- Tools, Fittings, Hardware Items
- Home Appliances, Kitchenware, Home Décor
- Garments, Leather, Handicrafts, Textiles, Glassware, Fashion Accessories
- Mechanical Parts & Components
- Electrical Parts & Components
India is traditionally known for labor-intensive product categories such as garments, leather items, handicrafts, and fashion accessories. That may prompt some to assume that the country is not that strong with more knowledge-intensive products and components but that is not necessarily the case.
Specific products that can be sourced competitively from India include for example rugs and carpets, garments, towels, scarves, leather bags and jackets, pliers, lamps, wire harnesses, hinges, stainless steel bowls and other kitchenware such as cutlery, brass fittings, tables, chairs, door handles and much more. Continue reading Manufacturing Products in India: What Importers Must Know