Suggestion: Watch the 20 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
Importing products from China to the European Union? Depending on the product, importers are required to ensure full compliance with all relevant CE directives – a process that is far more complex than requesting a test report from your supplier.
In this guide, we explain what you must know about CE marking as an importer:
- What is CE Marking?
- Documentation Requirements
- Labeling Requirements
- List of CE Marking Directives
- Laboratory testing requirements
- Notified Bodies
- Fake CE Certificates
We also answer frequently asked questions about CE marking:
- Are non-EU companies and exporters required to comply with CE marking rules?
- Which products must be CE Marked?
- Must all products sold in the EU carry the CE mark?
- Is the importer or manufacturer responsible for ensuring CE compliance?
- What can happen if I importer non-CE compliant products?
- Are all Chinese manufacturers able to produce CE compliant products?