Importing products from China to the European Union? Depending on the product, importers are required to ensure full compliance with all relevant CE directives – a process that is far more complex than requesting a test report from your supplier.
In this guide, we explain what you must know about CE marking as an importer:
- What is CE Marking?
- Documentation Requirements
- Labeling Requirements
- List of CE Marking Directives
- Laboratory testing requirements
- Notified Bodies
- Fake CE Certificates
We also answer frequently asked questions about CE marking:
- Are non-EU companies and exporters required to comply with CE marking rules?
- Which products must be CE Marked?
- Must all products sold in the EU carry the CE mark?
- Is the importer or manufacturer responsible for ensuring CE compliance?
- What can happen if I importer non-CE compliant products?
- Are all Chinese manufacturers able to produce CE compliant products?